HYPERBOREA: TEMPEST HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR 2020
2020 Ticket Refunds
A quick and easy guide to getting your ticket
- You must register to be eligible to buy a ticket for Hyperborea.
- Use the same name as your government issued ID when you register.
- Log in to the ticketing system using your existing Username and Password from previous years. You can also reset your password if you’ve forgotten it, or you can create an account if this is your first time at Hyperborea.
- The randomized draw will occur on a pre-announced date
- If you don’t register before the draw, you can register afterwards to be placed on the waitlist.
- If you are selected in the draw, you will receive a notification email. Congrats! You can now buy one (1) ticket and one (1) vehicle pass for yourself!
- You will have a period of 24-72 hours to purchase your ticket.
- If you do not purchase your ticket in that time, it will be released back into the ticket pool for another lucky Hyperborean to snag.
- If you miss your time slot you can re-join on the waitlist.
- If you are not selected by the system, don’t worry! Check your position on the waitlist and give the ticketing system time to process those ahead of you.
- If you decide you don’t want your ticket, release it back into the system for someone else.
- Ticketing is 100% Will-Call. Make sure you bring your government ID to the gate get in.
- You must register to be eligible to buy a ticket for Hyperborea.
A far more intensive guide to getting your Hyperborea tickets
To purchase a ticket for Hyperborea you must register to be placed in the ticketing system. You can log in with the same username and password as last year, but you register for a ticket each year to be considered for ticket sales for that year.
While the system is not first-come first-serve, registering in advance will ensure that you are considered for the first (and possibly only) allotment of tickets to be released.
Make sure your registration information is accurate and complete in order to be able to buy a ticket. When you register you will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com. You can also log in to check your account status.
You must use the name on your government-issued photo ID to register. Entry is 100% Will Call. We will use your ID to confirm your identity at the gate. If the name on your ID does not match that on your ticket, you will not be allowed in.
Examples of identification that are acceptable include driver’s license, state ID’s, passports and some military ID. The gate does not accept student ID’s, dental cards, library cards, etc.
Persons unable to provide a standard government-issued ID must contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for an entry request with no government-issued ID is one week before the event (7 days in advance) at 12 p.m. EST. All information will be kept confidential.
Once ticket sale are open, offers are decided by random selection of those who have registered, and then by position on the wait-list. You can check your position on the wait list at any time by logging into the ticketing system.
If there are fewer registrations than tickets available, everyone will be offered the chance to purchase their ticket right away!
Ticket Offers will be sent via email from email@example.com and will indicate the deadline by which registrants must purchase their one (1) ticket and may opt at that time to also purchase one (1) vehicle pass for themselves.
If you do not buy your ticket in the allocated time period, your offer expires and the ticket will go back into the system to be offered to the next person on the wait list.
Who Needs a Vehicle Pass? Every vehicle through the gates of the event needs a vehicle pass (motorcycles excluded).
The Vehicle Pass fees are as follows:
- Free – Motorcycles, Bicycles, Unicycles, Hovercraft, Boats
- $25 – All other vehicles driving in as one unit
Please note that large vehicles will not be permitted on the field. As experience has shown, they are very likely to damage the road, Gate, or worst of all – get stuck in the field. And nobody enjoys that. Registration for space is first come, first served. While we will do what we can to accommodate, there is finite space available and you may be asked not to bring your large vehicle.
We are classifying a large vehicle as:
- Box trucks bigger than 16’ (16’ is the class of truck, not the actual dimensions)
- RVs bigger than 27’
- Trailers longer than 12’ will need to be assessed by our team.
If you intend to bring a large vehicle, it is important that we know in advance — we have very limited parking for them on the road. Please fill out the information about your vehicle when purchasing your Vehicle Pass.
You will have the opportunity to purchase one (1) vehicle pass when your ticket offer is made.
Anyone can register for a ticket after the initial draw and sale happens, but they will be placed at the bottom of the wait-list.
If you volunteered 8+ recorded hours in the previous year of Hyperborea, you qualify for a full price directed ticket for the subsequent year. These offers cannot be carried over to subsequent years (i.e. you can’t use volunteer hours from 2017 to qualify for 2019 volunteer directed tickets, sorry!)
To ensure you receive the volunteer ticket offer, contact the department where you completed your 8 hours of volunteering last year.
If you have not received a ticket offer and think this is in error, please use this form to contact us. We will only respond to inquiries submitted through this form.
You can also assign yourself to a group of up to 25 people. This does not increase your odds of getting a ticket, it merely ensures that you either all get a ticket, or none of you gets a ticket.
If you wish to create a group, you can do so from the Group Management page found here. Other people can join the group by using your email address. Be aware: you will have to approve each person that is added to the group.
We suggest you only use this for people you absolutely need to camp with such as close family members (including minors) or people you’re sharing a place to stay with.
The process for tickets for minors is different this year from previous years, so please read closely.
ALL participants, regardless of age, must go through the same ticketing system this year. Participants between the age of 13 and 18 must register and purchase a ticket using the regular process described above, and identify themselves as a minor. They must also tag the full legal name of their accompanying guardian.
Participants aged 12 and under can attend for free, however, they must also be registered through the same system. There is no longer a separate form for those 12 and under.
An ID is not required for minors, but all minors must arrive at the gate with the guardian they registered with. Any minor who does not arrive at the gate with their guardian will be turned away.
In order to properly monitor the event’s population, all minors must follow this procedure.
For participants who want to attend with their child(ren), it is highly recommended you register as a group (details above) so that you either all get tickets, or none do.
- Use the same email for multiple registrations. This can be flagged as system abuse and will result in being removed from ticket opportunities.
- Register multiple times for the same person. This can be flagged as system abuse and result in being removed from ticket opportunities.
- Buy tickets at the gate.
- Gift tickets to a friend. If you decide you don’t want to attend when you get a ticket offer you can “reject” and turn down the offer. That ticket will go to the next person on the waiting list. If you want to ‘gift’ a ticket to a friend they must still take part in the ticketing system. You must coordinate with them outside of the system to arrange payment.
Stripe and various Google products are the third-party services used in the processing of tickets. The ticketing system was created and refined by our friends at the Firefly Arts Collective, Lakes of Fire, and Flashpoint Artists Initiative. Registrants who encounter issues with the use of personal information on these products should notify firstname.lastname@example.org.