Art Grant Program

Our Art Grant Program intends to support and promote projects that foster the participatory spirit at the core of the event. We provide funding for radically expressive, community-based, interactive, experimental, and cross-disciplinary projects that help define the creative atmosphere we strive to curate.

To stay up to date with any developments regarding the Art projects and processes for 2018, please check back here as it will be updated as information is made available.

The Art Grant review committee is currently taking on new committee members. To get involved please email art@tohyperborea.ca.

Art Grants 2018

Applications for all art grants are now closed, please check back soon for a list of this years grant recipients

Effigy Grants

Applications for Effigy are now: CLOSED

The Effigy: A symbol of unity. An act of protest. The life of the party. A birthplace. Ritual. Celebration. Heart.

Applications for the Hyperborea 2018 Effigy Build are open until Friday, November 24th. Our 2018 Effigy grant offering has increased to $1000.

All the details you need to know can be found on the Application form.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments please reach out to art@tohyperborea.ca

Temple Grants

Applications for Temple are now: CLOSED 

The Temple: Catharsis. Introspection. Remembrance. The Temple is a container for sacred and ritualized connection and transformation. Participants are encouraged to write their story on the walls of the temple and leave mementos of anything they wish to leave behind.

For more background on the temple: https://journal.burningman.org/2010/05/philosophical-center/spirituality/the-temples/

Applications for the Hyperborea 2018 Temple Build are open until Sunday, March 11th at midnight. Our 2018 Temple grant offering has increased to $1000.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments please reach out to art@tohyperborea.ca

General Art Grants

Applications for General Art are now: CLOSED

General Art Grant Applications are open until Sunday, March 11th at midnight.

Basic grants for art coming to Hyperborea will be available at the following tiers. Large projects will feature a heavier focus on interactivity and participatory experience.
Large Grant – $400- $700
Small Grant – $100- $400

Refurb Grants are available for improvements or additions to pre-existing projects.
Refurb Grant – $100- $300

Micro Grants are available with the sole purpose of creating whimsy. There are no limits on the content of a micro grant project. Do whatever you want! Costumes, Cacophony-society esque happenings, Performances, Playa gifts, anything goes just make it unique and playful!
Micro Grant – < $100

KEY DATES AND DEADLINES

Effigy Application Due Date: November 24th
Temple Application Due Date: March 11th
General Art Application Due Date: March 11th
Temple and General Grant Awards: March 22nd
Build Plan Check in Date: April 20th
Gates Open: May 17th

ASSESSMENT CRITERIA

Your application will be anonymously reviewed including but not limited to the following criteria:
1. Creativity – how original, interesting, relevant, daring, magical, thought provoking is your idea?
2. Constructability – what is the feasibility of your project? will you be able to build it within the timeline and budget?
3. Completeness – how well thought out is your project? how complete is your materials list, safety plan, moop plan?
4. Interactivity – for our second year, we are prioritizing projects that have the ability to engage two or more senses at a time!

DISBURSEMENT
Should you be selected, you will receive 75% of your grant upon award, and the other 25% upon completion of the project. Micro Grants will receive 100% of your grant upon award.

ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION MATERIALS
An itemized budget, schedule, and drawings/renderings are mandatory for the consideration of your project. Please remember to send your supporting documents to art@tohyperborea.ca by the deadline and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

QUESTIONS?
Most questions can be answered by reading through our FAQ and Policies. If your question is not answered there, please let us know!

Things to remember:
BE RADICALLY SELF RELIANT
BE RADICALLY EXPRESSIVE
BE RADICALLY INCLUSIVE
HAVE A DAMN GOOD TIME